I wrote this post when I saw the latin phrase Memento Mori (Remember that you will die).
Just after that, my friend passed away and I learnt about that by accident, only four years later.
It can happen any time. It will happen to all. When my time comes, I do not want my friends to wonder why Partha does not answer mails or phone calls. I usually answer all my mails promptly and regularly. There must be a reason, if you do not get a response/reaction from me. If this ever happens to you, for an unreasonably long time :
- Send one or two reminders to my main/regular ID email@example.com, and then try my fall-back mail ID
- Take a look at my twitter account https://twitter.com/profpartha (@profpartha)
I usually post some stuff there regularly, at least 2-3 times a week. When the tweets stop coming, the inevitable has happened.
- Call up home by phone to find out.
- Find out from my next of kin :
- inform all our common friends and contacts
(send this page to all who might be interested in knowing about me)
Thank you in advance, since I cannot thank you when the time comes.