Die young, as late as possible
S O S
Support Our Seniors
SOS -- Hyderabad, India
Also contains a list of some old-age homes in Hyderabad, sorted by location, and links to their respective websites.
All that they need is some RASCAL, to cheer them up :
Get lots of useful information from
Old men can be inspiring
How they fight
loneliness in many countries.
How you can
fight loneliness and build good health.
Yet another way to
relieve stress and loneliness.
Or, watch this
video when you feel lonely.
To fight loneliness on your own : You too can do this !
Pets can help you relax and reduce the pain of isolation.
Do you have a National Digital Health Mission ID ? (NDHMID)
Register and create one now.
It is free-of-cost. All you need is
your Aadhar and your mobile phone.
How does NDHMID work ?
Old age is a fact of life
Watching a sunset is an enjoyable and peaceful experience. Your life's sunset
years should also be equally enjoyable and peaceful. Here are a few pointers
to resources which you can use for getting pleasure out of your sunset
- Old age need not be a curse
- Must read and keep a copy handy :Senior Citizen's Guide (from HelpAge India)
Take a look at this informative document
(84 pages, pdf), and share it with as many people as you know.
Know your legal rights, privileges and benefits you are
entitled to, and names of useful contact points.
Do you need a risk-free, constant source of income (loan) ? Learn about the Reverse Mortgage Loan (RML) of Helpage India ?
- HelpAge India (Head Office)
- For other cities : Visit the website HelpAge India (contact us)
and type the name of your city in the search box (search nearest office).
- Visit the National Institute of Aging, USA. for useful information regarding aging.
- When you feel isolated, neglected and depressed, talk to someone at Roshni (light).
- Elderly law (Read
the touching story given here).
- What is geriatric care ? and
Basic Principles of Geriatrics
Basic Principles of Geriatrics as a pdf file.
- Learn all about
Age-Related Memory Loss and related issues. You may ask advise from your regular doctor, who will assess you and decide if you have to consult a neuropsychologist or a psychiatrist.
- Have you heard about AAADD
- Hope you will never need this:
ALZHEIMER'S AND RELATED DISORDERS SOCIETY OF INDIA
Here is a list of local chapters of ardsi (in various cities of India.)
Contact Samvedna Senior Care, for assisting
persons with dementia and related disorders (and their caregivers), in Gurugram and Delhi areas.
- A medical facility in Hyderabad, specialising in geriatric care and a wide
range of related services.
- What is an Assisted Living Facility ?
- Mobility and accessibilty are important issues in old age. Get
some guidance and help from here
- Old is Gold -- a store selling a huge range of products for the elderly. Take a look.
You can also browse their catalogue directly.
- Devices made in India for mobility impaired persons, created by Neomotion Assistive Solutions, Chennai, India
- Choosing the right wheelchair
- No one saw the future, but you can plan for
the future now. Make your will today. You can do it, and you must do it.
Learn about the The legal aspects of wills and estate planning.
- You dont have to die, to decide about your future. Make a living will today.
- 3 Things You will Regret When You are Older Take a look at this one.
- Samarthyam National Centre for Accessible Environments is here to help you
in accessibility related issues.
- A model
Code of Practice for Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) (HK Govt.)
- Look before you leap :
- Use this checklist/questionnaire
to help you choose an old-age home for yourself, your parents or your friends.
- Do NOT sign on the dotted line.
This article may save you from being hoodwinked by unscrupulous service providers.
- Hyderabad-based readers should start from this SOS-Hyderabad page.
- Just read this and have a hearty laugh. Share with your friends.
- Lost/stolen ? Misplaced ? Forgotten ? Want help to find your way back ?
Try these SOS trackers/locators :
- Live beyond life :
Dad's love is endless,
never mind how you treat him.
Sometimes, kindness is everywhere.
Help us help our seniors better :Tell us about this website